The ultimate solution for Reverse Engineering compatible with any 3D Scanner exporting STL meshes or PTX point clouds.
Hybrid parametric modelling for both organic and prismatic shapes.
Export data in standard IGES or STEP file formats or build fully parametric history tree directly into SOLIDWORKS.
QUICKSURFACEFree Form Edition
Free form organic modelling software compatible with any 3D Scanner exporting STL meshes.
Automatic or manual surfacing of complex shapes.
Exporting the results into standard IGES or STEP file formats.
We don’t compare our solution to other packages, but we simply highlight some of the features that make QUICKSURFACE
- Interactive selection by the user instead of automatic segmentation on reference mesh;
- Constrained best fit (for example the ability to constrain the direction of the cylinder to be parallel to an axis, while still getting the best fit to the points);
- Relations between extracted primitives – parallelism, perpendicularity, coincidence, offset;
- Quick alignment based on extracted primitive (datum) prioritization;
- Mirrored point display to check symmetry of the aligned scan object;
- Realtime deviation colour map in 2D Sketch mode;
- Proprietary snap-to-mesh technology for free form modelling;
- Manipulator based accurate modification of the free form surfaces;
- The ability to modify the automatic surface, if the design intent requires it;
- QUICKSURFACE Free Form is not only exact surfacing, the user can manually adjust the resolution and position of control points to avoid mapping of the surface to the reference mesh which may have outliers and noise;
- Realtime deviation in Free Form, helping to create lighter surfaces with less control points;
- Control of patch size, and thus resolution on the final Free Form surface;
- Parametric hybrid modelling - starting with free form and basic primitives, the user can build a complex CAD model by trimming them and can later change the surfaces based on the design intent;
- QSConnect module for SOLIDWORKS never ends with “Transfer failed”. The software guides the user to create an error-free model in SOLIDWORKS;
- QUICKSURFACE has neither hardware integration with scanners nor mesh processing tools which the modern 3D scanners provide. As a result of this, the user does not have to pay extra for tools already included in the 3D scanners' software;
- An affordable price for faster return on investment
Finally, it is in your hands - The User. Try it yourself. If you want to compare with another solution - the best would be a “speed test”, where the same part is reverse engineered in both QUICKSURFACE
and another package to see the time variation. While this may be subjective, we believe the simplicity of QUICKSURFACE
will make for a much faster design process on most parts.